While rummaging around the internet, reading about how hydrogen bombs work, the origin of mayonaise, and watching some Adventure Time cartoons on YouTube, I stumbled upon a brilliant artilce. Lissa Rankin, M.D., shares her thoughts on what it feels like to find your life’s purpose and to be working on it. It was too good not to share:
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
(originally posted here at The Daily Love)
When I work with patients, I always ask them whether they’re doing their life’s work, because I truly believe that how we spend most of our day, and whether it’s in line with our life’s work, affects our health. When I ask a woman if she’s doing her life’s work, way too often, she stares at me blankly.
So how can you tell? How do you know if you’re doing your life’s work? There’s no easy answer to that question other than, “You just know.” But to give you a sense of what it feels like to discover and then commit to fulfilling your life’s work. I’ve created this list of signs for you.
33 Signs You’ve Found Your Life’s Work
1. You’re scared shitless.
2. You notice that the pieces of the puzzle of your life’s work all line up, and you can tell that The Uni-verse has got your back.
3. You feel like you’re on a rollercoaster (simultaneously exhilarated and nauseous).
4. There’s a “plunk” sort of feeling in your gut that affirms that you’ve found your life’s work.
5. Your whole life – the triumphs and the setbacks – suddenly makes sense.
6. Magical things start happening, and although you feel a sense of wonder, you’re not surprised.
7. None of your choices feel safe.
8. Everybody suspects you’ve officially lost it.
9. You’ve quit listening to what everybody thinks.
10. You feel guided.
11. You’ve got butterflies in your tummy.
12. You feel like you’ve risked everything, but it’s all okay.
13. You feel a wee bit lonely, because nobody has ever blazed this trail exactly the same way you have.
14. The nightmares are replaced by dreams that affirm your direction.
15. You feel spiritually in tune.
16. There’s a good chance you have no employer matching your 401K contribution.
17. You naturally attract those that help further your life’s work.
18. You’re pushed to the very edge – and just as you start to question your life’s work, everything falls into place.
19. The money shows up right when you need it.
20. You sometimes wonder if you’re totally nuts.
21. You feel giddy for no apparent reason.
22. You have a sense that you’re on the right path, even if you don’t know where you’re going.
23. You’re life’s work might seem hard to others, but for you, it’s a piece of cake.
24. Others are better off because you’re doing your life’s work.
25. You feel a perfect mix of total panic and inner peace beyond comprehension.
26. You can’t wait to do your life’s work every morning. In fact, it’s hard to drag you away from it, even on vacation.
27. You’d do your life’s work even if nobody ever paid you for it.
28. You find yourself turning down other work, even if it’s more stable and more lucrative.
29. You’re on a mission, and you know it.
30. You don’t notice aches and pains the way you used to.
31. Your health improves.
32. Abundance just appears in your life in unexpected ways.
33. You smile more than you ever have in your life.
Keep in mind that your life’s work doesn’t have to be a job. Your life’s work could be raising 21 children. Or volunteering in Africa or at your local soup kitchen.
As someone who has found her life’s work, I can say with absolute certainty that you know it when you’ve found it.
Have You Found Your Life’s Work?
Tell us if you’re one of the blessed who knows what you’re here on this earth to do.
Living my life’s work,
# # #
Lissa Rankin, MD: Creator of the health and wellness communities LissaRankin.com and OwningPink.com, author of Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof You Can Heal Yourself (Hay House, 2013), TEDx speaker, and Health Care Evolutionary. Join her newsletter list for free guidance on healing yourself, and check her out on Twitter and Facebook.
See the original post here: http://thedailylove.com/33-signs-youve-found-your-lifes-work/